On May 16, members of the Congressional Asian Pacific American Caucus (CAPAC) and Congressional leadership will host their annual Congressional Ceremony celebrating Asian Pacific American Heritage Month.
During this event at the Russell Senate Office Building, CAPAC will also officially launch the Asian and Pacific Islander Americans in Congress publication prepared under the direction of the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on House Administration and the Office of the House Historian. Speakers will discuss the contributions of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders (AAPI) to our nation.
Scheduled to participate:
- CAPAC Chair Judy Chu (CA-27)
- Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer (NY)
- Senate Democratic Whip Dick Durbin (IL)
- Senator Mazie K. Hirono (HI)
- House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi (CA-12)
- House Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer (MD-05)
- House Democratic Chairman Joseph Crowley (NY-14)
For more details, visit https://capac-chu.house.gov/event/APAHM17.